7.4.15

Open your eyes

I used to be that girl, who has a weird music taste. No maybe it's not weird, it's just because my music taste varies so much. When I was 9-12 years old, I listened to My Chemical Romance, Greenday, Linkin Park, etc (my bro's fault!). And my dad never got bored listened to Queen at the car . And then when I went to junior high school, my bro moved out to other city because he went to college, and my music preference has been widening since then. I listened to gothic metal,screamo,hardcore,deathcore,metalcore, whatever it's called XD I love it so much that I learnt to scream too. I love those musics soooo much, to the stance that my mom asked me to stop it and listen to 'softer' music instead. And I did it. Then I met my best friends at school, I started to listen to Kpop A LOT. But now I come to the state that I'm getting bored of it. And everytime I have no choice to listen to, I always have that loud music and I always enjoy it no matter how long has it been. Maybe because I discovered the music by myself and I was not influenced by other people listening to it? I dont know. You don't have to have a reason loving something/someone,right? It just happened.
Ok so let's get this straight. I'm actually not going to talk about my choice of music here.
I've been madly in love with several bands like Alesana, Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon for years, since I was 14. but I just listened to the songs, I never cared about members of the bands. Now that I'm getting older and my curiosity's getting worse, I browsed about the members of Bring Me The Horizon. And I'm literally inspired by their frontman, Oliver Sykes.
Here is some pictures of him, so that you can absorp it better what I really want to deliver.




What a badass,isn't he? He looks like a member of satanic band (like everyone else said) But no! You just saw a picture of him from an angle.
Let me give you another pic.



What do you think now? I believe, a person who possesed by a satan (LOL) can't smile purely like that :)
and then, there is this photo of him when he was young.




He happened to get bullied severely at school because of his music taste and the way he looked.

Now that we've digged about Oli Sykes only with few pics, the way we see him is changed instantly, right? Or is it just me? 0.0

well I have more facts about Oliver Sykes for you.
  1. He is vegan because he doesn't want animals get hurt. And I have to say, only people with really kind hearts can feel it that way, rite?
  2. He once addicted to drugs, but then he stopped consuming it and went to rehab and now finally he succeded to get rid of it. He admit it in front of many people as the band won APMA Award for the Best British Album of the Year. At that time he could actually hide it forever, what important is, he's already recovered. But he said, as he received such a great award, he felt like he has to confess to everybody for what he's been through,because he was so thankful of his new life. If you're interested, check out this link: Oliver Sykes at APMA
  3. When I watched videos of BMTH performance, I summed up that he really loves to be on stage, singing (or screaming to be precise) his feelings out, and he often smiles really bright because the crowd was singing along. Watch this video at 2:57 and see his expression >> BMTH Shadow moses live . How sweet! He is just like everyone else! Maybe sometimes he looks like a douchebag, but I think it's really unfair to judge someone by their appearance. He does have a body full covered by tattoos, but he has a kind heart too, who wants to be respected for his existence.
  4. Of course, he has negative sides too, but hey, who doesn't? And it doesn't really matter when someone says something like “but there are far more bad things he's done than the good ones!” Well, don't ever do the math. Why do we have to count each of their good doings and bad doings and then comparing it? Once someone does something for good, than it's good and we have to admit that. Doing such a meaningless thing like that really makes you deserve to be officially called out as a jerk.
  5. He is atheist. He believes that we should believe in ourselves and do whatever we want, building up our life to become what we want it to be. He also said that you don't have to be in any religion for doing something good. Well I'm not going to argue that, although I disagree at some parts of the way he's thinking. But it's fine, it's his rights to become atheist. It's totally not my business.
  6. He really loves his family. Maybe he loves his family even much more than any cute looking girls out there who likes to call their parents with bad words because the didnt get the newest iphone for birthday.

Sooo, what I've been trying to say through this post is, every single person in this world always have good side, they're humans no matter what, and humans have feeling. Eventhough someone has many tattoos, it doesn't mean that they're not worth to be respected, to be loved. No matter what kind of music he likes, how much he's addicted to drugs, don't hate. Spreading hatred just gives no good at all, and it would be really wonderful when people start to respect each other for what they chose. Spread love instead and always see everyone's positive side!

Bonus:
sorry Oli :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!